Why Choose Plasto Long Bend ?
Long bend is a type of pipe fitting used in a variety of industrial applications. They are designed to facilitate changes in the direction of fluid flow, allowing for the passage of fluids around obstacles or through complex systems. Long bend, as the name suggests, are fittings that have a long radius bend. They are characterized by their smooth curves that help to reduce turbulence and resistance to fluid flow. The purpose of long bend is to facilitate changes in the direction of fluid flow in a piping system.
Long bend also helps to reduce the complexity of piping systems, by allowing changes in the direction of fluid flow without the need for additional fittings. This makes it easier to design, install, and maintain piping systems, while also reducing the risk of leaks and other issues.
The flow of water through pipes can be affected by a number of factors, including the presence of long bends. Here are some of the issues and problems that can arise when long bends are not used:
1. Increased Resistance
When water flows through a pipe, it encounters resistance from the pipe walls. The resistance can be further increased by the presence of sudden bends in the pipe, as water has to change direction to flow through them. The more sudden the bend, the greater the resistance, which can reduce the flow of water and increase the amount of energy needed to pump it.
2. Pressure Drops
In addition to increasing resistance, long bends can also cause pressure drops in the pipe. Pressure drops occur when there is a sudden change in the flow of water, such as when it encounters a bend. This can cause a drop in pressure that can affect the flow of water downstream of the bend.
Long bends can also create turbulence in the flow of water, which can cause the water to become mixed and disturbed. This can lead to a loss of energy in the flow of water and can affect the overall efficiency of the system.
4. Wear and Tear
Pipes that are subjected to a lot of stress and strain, such as those with long bends, are more likely to experience wear and tear over time. This can result in leaks or other damage that can be costly to repair.
About Plasto Long Bend:
Plasto has introduced Long Bends for the easy flow of water. Long bends when compared to 90 Degree elbows have less pressure loss, Which also means more water discharge. Plasto long bends are available in CPVC, UPVC & Electrical Conduit.
Overall, the use of long bends in pipes is important for maintaining the flow of water and preventing problems that can reduce the efficiency of the system.
The advantages of using Plasto long bend are numerous:
- Less Turbulence: One of the primary advantages of Plasto long bend is its ability to reduce turbulence and resistance to fluid flow.
- Smooth curves: The smooth curves of the Plasto long bend help to reduce friction and pressure drop in the fluid, resulting in a more efficient flow.
- Easy flow: To facilitate changes in the direction of fluid flow without the need for additional fittings. Plasto long bend helps to reduce the complexity and cost of the piping system, making it easier to design, install, and maintain.
- Non-corrosive: Plasto Long bend are also resistant to corrosion and wear, making them ideal for use in harsh industrial environments. They are able to withstand high temperatures and pressures, as well as exposure to chemicals and other corrosive substances.
- Offers More flexibility: Plasto Long bend fittings allow for greater flexibility in pipeline design, making it easier to route pipes around obstacles or through tight spaces.
- Reduces the risk of leaks: The larger radius of Plasto long bend fittings means that they have fewer joints and connections, which reduces the risk of leaks occurring in the pipeline.
- Improves durability: Plasto Long bend fittings are typically made from high-quality materials that are resistant to corrosion and wear, ensuring that they last longer than standard fittings.
- Provides better aesthetics: Plasto Long bend fittings offer a more streamlined and aesthetically pleasing appearance than standard fittings, making them ideal for installations where appearance matters.
Let us understand the importance of long bends in a pipeline. Suppose, there is a 1,000L water tank kept on the top of the 5-story building. There’s a water pressure pump on the ground floor and there are 10 elbows in the pipeline. Let’s assume it takes 25 mins to completely fill the tank. Now let us replace 10 elbows with 10 Plasto long bend. This time the tank will fill in just 15 mins. Because we’ve eliminated the restrictions that occur because of 90 degree elbow.
In most of the houses there are water pressure pumps placed on the ground floors to pump the water from 30 ft inside the ground and deliver it on top of 5-6 story houses. If 90 degree elbows are used in the pipeline, the motor will run for more time. As the pressure loss is more in elbow. This will consume more electricity and will cost you more. But in Plasto long bend, pressure loss is very less, and thus the motor will run for less time. In long bend, the electric consumption will be less and the cost will be saved.
The use of Plasto long bends in pipes is essential for maintaining the efficient flow of water. Without long bends, resistance, pressure drops, and turbulence can occur, which can cause a reduction in the flow of water and increased energy usage. Additionally, Plasto long bends can result in wear and tear on the pipes, leading to leaks and other damage. By using Plasto long bends, the flow of water can be maintained, leading to a more efficient and reliable system. Therefore, using long bends is an important aspect of pipe design and maintenance.
To know more about the dimensions of Plasto long bends, visit our website: www.plasto.in
For any product inquiry, write us at: https://wa.me/7767007071/